If you’re a frequent flyer on Southwest Airlines, you can earn a sign-up bonus worth more than $800 through Feb. 10 on Chase Southwest Airlines consumer credit cards. The offer applies to three Southwest Rapid Rewards credit cards.
Here’s more about this limited-time bonus.
Sign-Up Bonus Offer Details
You receive 60,000 bonus points when you spend $2,000 on your Chase Southwest Airlines credit card within three months of opening it. Those points are valued at $822, based on U.S. News research.
You can earn the sign-up bonus on these credit cards:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
Past promotions provided 40,000 points to cardholders for spending at least $1,000 within three months of opening an account. A similar offer should be available once the 60,000-point deal expires.
But other recent offers have been sweeter. Cardholders could earn a coveted Companion Pass and 30,000 bonus points in 2019 by charging $4,000 within three months of opening an account.
Should You Jump On This Bonus Promotion?
On top of the sign-up bonus, the card earns points on every purchase. All Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards cards earn two points per dollar spent on Southwest Airlines and with hotel and car rental partners.
All other card purchases earn one point per dollar.
Depending on your card, you could also earn a yearly anniversary bonus, but an annual card fee may apply. Bonuses and annual fees are as follows:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card awards 3,000 points and charges $69.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card awards 6,000 points and charges $99.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card awards 7,500 points and charges $149.